If you’re in immediate danger call: POLICE 000

For non-emergencies call: POLICE 131 444


I need help


What does a healthy relationship look like?


For Women


Signs of an abusive relationship?


For Young People




For Mothers

I need help

I need help

Reaching out for help and talking to someone can be difficult. You may feel ashamed, overwhelmed or don’t know what to do or where to start? You may want to stay in the relationship but just want the abuse to stop?

There are many confidential ways you can get advice or assistance based on your own personal circumstances. Some of the following contact numbers and services may be helpful for you:

Domestic Violence Phone Support Services (24/7)

There are a range of helplines available for confidential support and information for those experiencing domestic violence.

Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline - 08 9223 1188 or free call 1800 007 330

The Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline is a state (Western Australia) wide 24 hour service. This service provides support and counselling for women experiencing family and domestic violence. This includes phone counselling, information and advice, referral to local advocacy and support servictes, liaison with police if necessary and support in escaping situations of family and domestic violence. The service can refer women to safe accommodation if required. A telephone based interpreting service is available if required.

Men’s Domestic Violence Help Line - 9223 1199 or free call 1800 000 599

MensLine Australia is a telephone and online counselling service for men with family and relationship concerns.

Kid’s Helpline - Free call 1800 551 800

Kids Helpline is Australia’s only free, private and confidential 24/7 phone and online counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25. 1800 RESPECT - 1800 737 732 Confidential information, counselling and support service Open 24 hours to support people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse

1800 RESPECT - 1800 737 732

Confidential information, counselling and support service
Open 24 hours to support people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse

Free Domestic Violence Support Services (in person)

Koolkuna provide a range of services for support and information for those experiencing domestic violence.

Koolkuna Domestic Violence Advocacy Support Service (DVAS) - 08 9274 7545

DVAS is a free service, based in Midland. Our staff understand the issues relating to domestic and family violence. We can support you to find ways to keep your family safe. We can provide information, advocate for you and/or refer you to other suitable services where appropriate. In addition, we may be able to support you to make appointments, help with police statements, talk to solicitors and if needed provide assistance with Violence Restraining Orders.

Koolkuna Supported Housing and Outreach Service - 08 9250 5077

Our free Supported Housing and Outreach service helps women experiencing family and domestic violence to rebuild their lives. We can help you gain independence, stability and future safety. We provide support to manage your individual needs, as well as social and leisure activities to build confidence, self-esteem and friendships.

Legal & Court Support Services
Midlas - 08 9250 2123

Midland Information Debt and Legal Advocacy Service Inc (Midlas) is a not-for-profit community agency based in Midland that provides financial counselling, tenancy advocacy, disability advocacy and a limited legal service to people throughout the north east region of Perth. Supporting people in our community for over three decades, Midlas has a long-standing strong commitment to improving lives.

Legal Aid - 1300 650 579

Legal Aid WA offers free or low-cost legal services to the community. We can help if you have questions about the law, if you are going to court, or if you need advice on a legal problem.

Midland Family Violence Service - (08) 9250 0229

Midland Court, 24 Spring Park Road Midland WA 6056
For assistance with completing and lodging Violence Restraining Orders, Family Violence Orders and Misconduct Orders the Midland Family Violence Service can assist you.

Victim Support Service - 9425 2850

The Victim Support Service offers confidential counselling and support services to victims of crime. These services are provided by professional counsellors and trained volunteers.

The Victim Support Service can:

  • provide information on the status of police investigations
  • provide information about court proceedings
  • help write a victim impact statement
  • provide counselling and support
  • support victims during court proceedings
  • provide information and referrals for other services
  • help you understand your rights within the criminal justice system
  • help with enquiries about criminal injuries compensation claims.
Financial Support Services

For contact number that best reflects your circumstance refer to the following links:

We support people affected by family and domestic violence by providing information, resources and referrals.

Housing Support Services
Indigo Junction - (08) 9274 5382

53 Great Northern Hwy, Midland, WA 6056
Indigo Junction is a not-for-profit organisation providing homelessness services to youth, families and the local community in the north-eastern suburbs of Perth.

Housing Authority - 1800 093 325

The Housing Authority is an affordable housing provider involved in land development, housing construction and property management. The Housing Authority contributes to social and economic growth by:

  • delivering quality housing that people can afford, and
  • providing people with opportunities to prosper through homeownership.
Sexual Support Services
SARC - 1800 199 888 or 6458 1828

The Sexual Assault Resource Centre (SARC) is the emergency sexual assault (rape crisis) service for Perth, Western Australia. SARC also provides counselling in centres across the Perth metropolitan area to people who have experienced sexual assault (rape) and sexual abuse in the past. SARC is a free confidential service. It is NOT part of the police, however SARC will support a person's decision to involve the police.

Counselling Support Services
Midland Women’s Health Care Place - 08 9250 2221

MWHCP provides counselling services for women of all ages from 16 and upwards. MWHCP short term, one on one therapeutic counselling service is charged at approximately 5% of commercial cost.

To search for counselling services close to you click on the link https://www.mhc.wa.gov.au/getting-help/counselling/

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services
Derbal Yerrigan - 08 9374 1400

6 Centennial Place Midland WA 6056
Derbal Yerrigan provides holistic and culturally secure health services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities in the Perth metropolitan region

Aboriginal Legal Service - 08 9265 6666

7 Aberdeen Street Perth WA 6004 (near McIver Train Station)
ALSWA provides legal aid services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples throughout Western Australia.

Djinda Service - 6164 0650

Level 1, 156 Railway Pde, West Leederville WA 6007
Djinda Service provides support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and children in the Perth metropolitan area affected by family violence and/or sexual assault. Djinda are Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal women, mothers and sisters who care about the future of Aboriginal communities. we provide advocacy, referrals and support to a range of services including:

  • Legal
  • Counselling
  • Crisis accommodation

Djinda Service can provide lawyers to represent victims of family violence in court, and legal advice in regard to:

  • Restraining orders
  • Child protection
  • Victims’ compensation where it relates to family violence
  • Family law, including payment of child support
  • We can provide community education in identifying and responding to family violence.
Wungening Aboriginal Corporation - 9221 1411

211 Royal Street, East Perth WA 6004
Wungening Services respond to clients’ needs by assessing holistically and providing culturally appropriate services. Services include:

  • Alcohol and other drug support;
  • Counselling;
  • In-home support services;

Other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services can be found in:
Ruah’s Aboriginal Resources Directory https://view.publitas.com/ruah-community-services-1/ard_2018_v1/page/1

Non-English Speaking Services

Most services have Interpreters available. For services specific to the needs of people from non-English speaking backgrounds see below:

ISHAR Multicultural Services - (08) 9249 3646

Ishar Multicultural Women’s Health Centre encourages the health and wellbeing of women of all ages and from all cultural backgrounds. Ishar’s service delivery aims to be flexible and responsive to the needs of the participating women who are provided with information, referral, counselling, training and/or support.

The Humanitarian Group - 6148 3600

The Humanitarian Group is a not-for-profit organisation, focused on empowering vulnerable people by providing professional and accessible migration assistance, legal advice and education. We strive to do this in a way that embraces diversity and strengthens communities. We are the only organisation of our type in Western Australia.

What does a healthy relationship look like?
Signs of an abusive relationship?
For Women
For young people
For Mothers
Scroll to Top